Following the Exeter Business Network event in May 2015 held at Exeter Racecourse and Conference Centre attended by over 50 people a “snapshot” survey was carried out – thank you to all those that completed them!
Before I share the results here is a paragraph from a survey that was carried out to see how consumers viewed survey statistics – I am sure that there is a name for this!
Carried out in 2014 “An Ipsos Mori survey of more than 2,000 consumers, commissioned by the Energy Saving Trust, revealed that 57 per cent of consumers liked to see statistics in advertising to substantiate claims, with 41 per cent claiming that third party support and verification from a trusted organisations impacted on their desire to believe advertising.” Full Article here in The Drum @The Drum
The article went on to say “Our survey showed that statistics or evidence was by far and away the best way to increase public trust in any advertising claims. Having supporting statistics and evidence in advertising is just one of the ways to ensure consumers are getting accurate claims about any products or services.”
So I trust that the following will help you!
21 responses – a 42% return rate!
The questions asked – based a little on the NPS system
What do you like best about Business Network SW
- Meeting new and old businesses
- Making friends and new contacts
- Professionalism of the network
- Quality of attendees
- Information provided before during and after the events
- I love the format – perfect for introductions and getting to know people
- Meeting businesses who have an interest in making links, connecting people and building the community – business and wider
- Charity Links – Business Network SW Charities
- A really nice mix of people and really friendly chat – not all self promotion
- Everything – I wouldn’t still be coming after all these years otherwise!
- Good collection of organisations represented and great atmosphere created. really enjoyed it.
- Opportunity for seminar, quotes, variety, the way networking is done at the table
- The people
- Well organised
- The people, the atmosphere
- Not too formal
- Diversity of members, guests, venues
- Targeted regular networking
- Relaxed, the venue – Exeter Racecourse and Conference Centre
- Nice, relaxed, well led, excellent venue
- The format
- Socialising, meeting new contacts and friends
- Informal but productive
- Very friendly
What could Business Network SW do better
- A 3 minute slot to everyone for one member
- Increase membership – decrease cost
- Not sure at the moment
- Ad hoc membership (possibly at a higher rate)
- Expand numbers and diversity
- Interesting business relevant content
- Have annual dinner dance (with fun casino and photobooth!)
- Keep on doing the same please
- Nothing! You do brilliantly – maybe set up a Facebook page)
- More business speakers
- All good
- Hard to imagine
- Nothing that comes to mind
- Not much – it’s really good
So having read this I trust that you as a potential consumer has got some accurate feedback on Business Network SW! We will certainly be looking to become better and the suggestions that have been made are great!
They say that the proof is in the pudding and you not only get the pudding at an event you get…..
- Super seminar before lunch – 10am – 11.45am
- Networking over drinks 11.45am – 12.30pm
- Sit down for 2 course, served lunch with coffee at 12.30pm. Structured networking around your table with other decision makers.
- Lunch speaker
- Guaranteed conversations leading to connections and collaborations
- Guaranteed you’ll leave be better informed and connected than when you arrived!
All for just £36.00 inc VAT covering seminar, coffee, 2 course served lunch with drinks – wine available, event programme, delegate list, dietary requirements are catered for.
The next events are here – for 2015